Keep your workspace clean with our modular paint racks and miniature paint organizers
ProScale Hobbies paint racks provide a convenient and customizable solution for organizing your model paints, streamlining storage, and keeping your workspace clean and organized.
What model makers love about our rack system
“I’ve been using ProScale Hobbies’ paint racks for my Vallejo paint bottles for a few months now and I couldn’t be happier with my purchase. The racks are well-built, easy to assemble and the compatibility with my Vallejo bottles is perfect. I love how organized my painting area is now and how easy it is to find the color I need.” – Roberto A.
“I’ve tried a few different paint racks in the past but none of them were compatible with my Citadel paint bottles, so I was excited to find ProScale Hobbies’ racks. They fit my bottles perfectly and have made my painting process so much more efficient. The racks are easy to use and I love that they save space on my workbench.” – Tom S.
Check out our happy customers and their ProScale Hobbies Paint Racks
Exploring the different types of miniature paint racks available
Paint racks come in a variety of types, each with its own unique features and benefits. In this section, we’ll explore the different types of paint racks available and how to choose the one that’s best for your needs.
Compatibility with specific miniature paint brands
Some paint racks are designed to be compatible with specific brands of paints, such as Vallejo or Citadel. These paint racks often feature shelves or compartments that are sized and shaped to fit the containers of these brands, making it easy to store and organize your paints. These types of paint racks can be a good choice if you use a particular brand of paints exclusively, as they provide a tailored storage rack solution.
Tabletop paint stands and wall mounted paint racks
Paint racks can also be classified by how they are mounted or displayed. Tabletop paint racks are designed to sit on a flat surface, such as a desk or workbench. These types of paint racks are portable and can be easily moved around as needed. Wall-mounted paint racks, on the other hand, are designed to be mounted on a wall, saving space on the tabletop. These types of paint racks can be a good choice if you have limited space or prefer a more permanent storage solution.
Tabletop paint racks – The perfect solution for every day tasks
Tabletop paint station – A portable painting desk to start and finish your artwork quickly
Wall paint racks – Perfect for organizing paints and freeing up space on your desk
Benefits of using wooden paint racks and shelves in your hobby
Paint racks are an essential tool for any model maker, offering a variety of benefits to keep your paints organized and your workspace tidy. Whether you’re just starting out or have been building models for years, a paint rack can help make your model making experience more enjoyable and efficient. Here are some of the benefits of using a paint holder:
- Keeps paints organized and easily accessible: A paint rack allows you to arrange your paints in an orderly fashion, so you can quickly and easily find the color you need without rummaging through a cluttered desk or workbench.
- Prevents spills and accidents: By keeping your paints contained in a designated area, a paint rack reduces the risk of spills or accidents that could ruin your project or create a mess.
- Saves space on the hobby desk or workbench: A paint rack takes up much less space than a collection of loose paints, freeing up more space for you to work on your models.
- Protects paints from dust and debris: A paint holder helps keep your paints clean and protected from dust and debris that could affect their quality or performance.
- Makes it easier to see and choose the right paint color: By displaying your paints in a visible and organized fashion, a paint rack makes it easier to see and choose the right color for your project.
- Allows for expansion as the collection grows: As you add more paints to your collection, a paint rack can be easily expanded to accommodate your needs.
- Can be customized to fit the user’s specific needs: Many paint racks are modular and can be customized with additional shelves, dividers, or other features to meet your specific needs.
- Makes it easier to keep track of inventory and restock as needed: By keeping your paints organized and visible, a paint rack makes it easier to see what you have on hand and what needs to be restocked.
- Can add a professional touch to the model making workspace: A well-organized workspace and good paint storage not only makes your model making experience more enjoyable, but it also creates a professional impression. A paint holder is a simple and effective way to add organization and professionalism to your workspace.
How to assemble and use a storage rack or wall mounted paint rack
Assembling and using a paint storage unit is a simple process that can help keep your paints organized and your workspace tidy. In this section, we’ll provide step-by-step instructions for assembling and using a paint holder.
- Gather your materials: Before you begin, gather the materials you’ll need to assemble your paint rack. Most paint holders are made of laser cut MDF (medium-density fiberboard) and come as a kit that includes all of the parts you’ll need. You will also need some white glue to ensure a secure and durable assembly.
- Assemble the paint rack: To assemble the paint organizer, simply follow the instructions provided with the kit. The paint holder should be easy to put together, with no special tools required. Some paint racks may use a pressure-based fixation system to hold the parts together, while others may require the use of white glue. If your paint rack includes white glue, it is recommended to apply it after you have assembled the paint organizers to ensure a secure and durable fit.
- Use the paint rack: Once your paint organiser is assembled, you can begin using it to store and organize your paints pots. Simply place your paints on the shelves or compartments of the paint rack, grouping similar colors together or using dividers to separate different types of paints. If your paint organizer has a removable palette tray, you can use it to mix and test your paints before applying them to your project.
- Maintain and care for your storage organizer: To keep your paint organizer in good condition, it is important to clean it regularly to prevent build-up of paint residue. A soft, damp cloth can be used to gently wipe down the shelves and compartments of the storage system. It is also important to store this hobby tool in a dry, dust-free location to protect it from damage.
Customization options for your paint stand module
Painting the paint rack to the client’s liking
Painting the paint shelf can be a fun and creative way to personalize it to your liking. If you choose to paint your paint stand, it is best to do so after it has been assembled. This will help ensure that the paint does not interfere with the fit of the parts or cause any damage during the assembly process.
To paint your paint rack, you will need the following materials:
- Acrylic paint: Choose a color or colors that you like and that will complement your workspace.
- Brushes: Select brushes that are appropriate for the type of paint you are using.
- Sandpaper: Use a fine-grit sandpaper to smooth out any rough edges or imperfections in the MDF.
- Primer: A primer will help the paint adhere better to the MDF and provide a more even finish.
To paint your paint shelf, follow these steps:
- Assemble the paint rack: Assemble it according to the instructions provided with the kit.
- Sand the paint rack: Use a fine-grit sandpaper to smooth out any rough edges or imperfections in the MDF. Wipe off any dust with a dry cloth.
- Apply a primer: Use a brush to apply a thin layer of primer to the paint rack. Allow the primer to dry completely according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Apply the paint: Use a brush to apply a thin layer of paint to the paint rack. Work in small sections, applying the paint in thin, even layers. Allow each layer to dry completely before applying the next.
- (Optional) Finish with a clear coat: If you want a glossy finish, once the final layer of paint has dried, you can apply a clear coat to protect the paint and give it a glossy finish. Allow the clear coat to dry completely according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Enjoy your newly painted paint stand : Once the paint has fully dried, your paint stand is ready to use! Arrange your paints on the shelves and enjoy painting miniatures of your collection!
TIP: Customize your paint set with stickers and stencils
This customization option allows you to add your own personal touch to your paint rack by adding stickers or using stencils to create unique designs or patterns. Stickers and stencils can be found at art and craft stores, or you can create your own using paper and scissors. Simply apply the stickers or use the stencils and paint to create the designs of your choice. This is a fun and easy way to make your paint rack one-of-a-kind.
Combining paint racks for maximum storage and organization (Vallejo, Citadel, Army painter…)
As your collection of paints grows, so does the need for efficient storage and organization. While a single paint shelf can be useful for storing a smaller number of paints, combining multiple paint racks of our modular system can provide even greater storage capacity and organization for your workspace. In this section, we’ll discuss the benefits of using multiple paint racks and provide tips for arranging and using them in a cohesive way.
- Buying the same model: If you are always using the same brand of paint bottles, you can simply buy additional paint racks of the same model to increase your storage capacity. This is a convenient option because it allows you to maintain the same style and organization across all of your paint stand.
- Buying other modules: If you want to increase the number of bottles supported but don’t want to buy multiple paint racks of the same model, you can consider purchasing additional modules or expansion packs. These are typically designed to be added to an existing paint stand to increase its storage capacity or add new features. For example, you might add a module with additional shelves or dividers to increase the number of compartments available for your paints. Or, you might add a module with a built-in light or magnifying glass to make it easier to see your paints. By using multiple modules, you can create a customized storage solution that meets your specific needs.
A comprehensive FAQ guide about ProScale Hobbies paint racks
Can the paint racks be used for storing other art supplies?
Our paint racks are not limited to just storing paint bottles, they are designed to be versatile and can be used to store other art supplies as well. The shelves or holes of the rack can be used to store items such as paint brushes, palettes, markers, pens and other art supplies.
Depending on the model you choose, the rack may have shelves or holes so before buying, check all the paints and tools that you can storage. After that, you can check the updated product features in Amazon’s website.
What is the lead time for receiving the paint racks once ordered?
Once an order for a paint rack is placed, it will be shipped out as soon as possible. We sell our paint racks through Amazon, which has an efficient logistics system that allows for quick and reliable delivery. The lead time for receiving the paint rack will depend on the shipping option chosen during checkout and the delivery address.
Amazon offer several shipping options such as standard shipping, two-day shipping, and even same-day delivery in some areas, so customers can choose the option that works best for them. Additionally, Amazon also provides tracking information for each order, so you can track the status of your delivery and know exactly when to expect your paint rack. You can find more information on the estimated delivery date and shipping options on the product page or during the checkout process on Amazon.
Is it possible to order custom sizes of paint racks?
We do not currently offer the option to order custom sizes of paint racks. However, we do offer a variety of different models to choose from that can accommodate different numbers of paint bottles and different types of paint bottles. Each of these models has been designed to meet the needs of different types of painters and model makers, so you may find a model that fits your needs. We suggest you to check our website for the different models available and their specifications and features, and if you have any doubts about which one to choose, please don’t hesitate to contact us and we’ll be happy to assist you in finding the best option for you.
What are the color options available for the paint racks?
The paint racks are currently only available in natural MDF color. However, MDF is an easy-to-paint material, so customers have the option to paint the rack after assembly to match their own preference or the color scheme of their workspace. This way, the customer can customize the paint rack to fit their own aesthetic preferences or to blend in with the décor of their workspace. Additionally, painting the rack can also protect it from dust and humidity.
What materials are the paint racks made of?
The paint racks are made of MDF (medium-density fiberboard). MDF is a type of engineered wood that is made by breaking down hardwood or softwood residuals into wood fibers and then binding them with a resin under high pressure and heat.
MDF is a suitable material for paint racks because it’s strong, durable, and easy to work with. It’s also lightweight and inexpensive, which makes it a cost-effective choice. Additionally, MDF can be easily cut, drilled, and sanded to make precise cuts, which makes it ideal for creating complex and intricate designs. MDF is also a stable material, it’s not affected by changes in humidity or temperature, this makes it a great option for storing paints. Overall, MDF is a great choice for paint racks as it offers a good balance of strength, durability, and affordability.
What should you look for when shopping for a Paint Rack?
With so many different types of paint stands available, it can be overwhelming to choose the one that’s right for your needs. In this section, we’ll provide some tips for selecting the best paint rack for your collection and workspace.
– Consider the size of your collection: One of the first things to consider when choosing a paint organizer is the size of your collection. If you only have a few paints, a small tabletop paint rack may be sufficient. However, if you have a larger collection, you may need a bigger paint rack or multiple racks to accommodate all of your paints.
– Consider the type of paints you have: Another factor to consider is the type of paints you have. Some paint holders are designed to hold specific types of paints, such as acrylics or oils, while others are more versatile and can hold a variety of paint types. Make sure to choose a paint rack that is compatible with the types of paints you use.
– Consider the available space: Before purchasing a paint rack, measure the hobby space where you plan to place it to ensure it will fit. Consider not only the width and depth of the paint display, but also the height if you plan to store tall bottles of paint. If you have limited space, a wall-mounted paint rack or a tabletop paint rack with a smaller footprint may be a good choice.
– Consider your budget: Paint organizers come in a range of prices, from basic models to more elaborate and expensive options. Determine your budget and choose a paint rack that fits within your price range.
Are ProScale Hobbies paint racks right for your model-making needs?
If you’re a model maker or hobbyist who is passionate about your craft, you know that organization is key to achieving the best results. That’s where ProScale Hobbies paint racks come in.
Our paint racks are specifically designed to help model makers like you keep your paints organized and easily accessible, so you can focus on creating your best work. Whether you’re a beginner just starting out or an experienced model maker, our paint racks offer a range of customization options to suit your needs and preferences. So, if you’re ready to take your model-making to the next level, consider investing in a ProScale Hobbies paint rack.